Tuesday 9 August 2011

UK Riots - Appalling

I am utterly ashamed by the UK riots.
These people claim to rioting in protest, when really they're just looting for their own personal gain, stealing TV's and other high cost goods. The reason they claim to be protesting is for revenge of a drug dealer, who was shot in a firefight. A FIREFIGHT. That means bullets went both ways. He shot at the police, the police shot back. Even the family of the drug dealer have condemned the riots, knowing that the drug dealer was just a spark for the hate filled youth to group around.
Not, of course, that I am saying that all youths are hate-filled! Me and my friends are ashamed by the acts of these people, who have no morales at all.
The parents also hold some blame though, because they don't stop their children from going out. I mean, it's not like you wouldn't know, when your 12-18 year old kid (supposedly the main constituents) walks through the door holding a slightly battered HD TV, despite the fact that they don't even earn money.
All in all, it's a bad day for London, and the UK as a whole, because it's indicative of the attitude of the younger generations. I can only be glad my parents instilled into me, a respect for my society

2 comments:

  1. true BUT

    there is a lot more to be mad about than just a firefight gone wrong. poor people are getting screwed over all around the world and people need to NOT be ok with it.

    ReplyDelete