Saturday 30 July 2011

Making swords... In real life

I really like swords, but there's the slight problem of shops not wanting to sell them to me... I gave no idea why xD
So instead, I have decided that I shall craft some myself! I'll make them out of wood, of course, and then I'll probably temper the edge by adding some other, hard wearing material on the edge. Then I'll paint it of course...
By the way, they're likely to look like anime swords, so sorry in advance xD
Pics to follow!
If anyone has any tips on how to make the sword, or ideas on specific wood or tempering material, feel free to comment!

5 comments:

  1. you should do this a step-by-step tutorial with pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to the pics! Woodcrafting is not my main skill so i'll refrain from giving you advice that will probably result in you getting your fingers chopped off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @T_Papar:
    I'll take lots of pictures as I go along and post them just before I paint it

    ReplyDelete